Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist in Grand Rapids
- Posted on: Aug 5 2018
When you take a look in the mirror and smile, are you happy with the way your teeth look? Many people are dissatisfied with certain aspects of the appearance of their smile, but luckily, a great-looking smile full of beautiful teeth is more attainable than ever thanks to cosmetic dentistry in Grand Rapids. This specialization of dental science employs cutting-edge techniques and procedures to resolve aesthetic flaws in the teeth and mouth. When applied by expert and highly trained cosmetic dentists like Dr. Jerry Mulder and Dr. Allyson Mulder at A Life of Smiles, patients get beautiful results, and their bite often functions on a higher level as well.
Here are some of the ways that your Grand Rapids cosmetic dentists at A Life of Smiles can use the tools and techniques of cosmetic dentistry to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Veneers: A veneer consists of a thin shell made of dental porcelain, a durable, stain-resistant and beautiful material. Veneers are placed over the front surfaces of teeth. They can be used to treat a single tooth or all the teeth in the mouth. Receiving veneers also is a versatile treatment option that can resolve cosmetic issues such as crookedness, discoloration, teeth of uneven sizes, chips, cracks, gaps, worn teeth from teeth grinding, or to replace older dental work.
- Metal-free fillings: Restore teeth that have been damaged by cavities and tooth decay by receiving metal-free fillings, which are made of a composite that is less reactive to the temperature changes that occur in the mouth when you eat and drink, and also can be color-matched to look like your other natural, healthy teeth. These fillings also are a great choice for patients who suffer from a metal allergy.
- Dental bonding: Known as one of the most convenient, versatile, and cost-effective treatments in cosmetic dentistry, a bonding procedure can resolve teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained, or to conceal an unwanted gap between teeth. From a functional standpoint, a bonding procedure also may help protect and restore the aesthetics of teeth that have suffered from gum recession.
- Crowns: If a tooth has been damaged severely due to decay or injury, your Grand Rapids dentists can replace the exterior of the tooth with a crown made of beautiful dental porcelain, which has the same light-reflecting quality as natural tooth enamel and can be matched to the shade of your other healthy teeth.
- Teeth whitening: The most popular procedure in cosmetic dentistry, a professional teeth whitening procedure can produce a brighter, whiter smile in an hour or less. Professional whitening treatments produce better, longer lasting results than store-bought whitening kits, while not causing the enhanced sensitivity that occurs with many over-the-counter whitening products. Our whitening treatments can be performed in our office or at home. Our in-office whitening procedure uses Zoom! Whitening, a laser treatment that can turn teeth eight shades whiter in just an hour.
The benefits of CEREC
Standing for computer-assisted design, computer-assisted manufacture, CEREC is used to make restorations such as crowns and veneers the same day impressions are taken. This process traditionally has taken weeks and required follow-up appointments. Now, CEREC allows many of our procedures to be completed in a single office visit.
Cosmetic dentistry in Grand Rapids
It is important to choose a cosmetic dentist who can help you meet your aesthetic goals, but possesses a high level of training and an artist’s eye and will administer cosmetic procedures while making sure to maintain or even improve your oral health. You can trust the dentists at A Life of Smiles to help fulfill your needs and give you the smile of your dreams. To learn more about our program of cosmetic dentistry, call us at (616) 458-0631 to schedule a consultation.
A Life of Smiles is proud to offer cosmetic dentistry services to patients in the area of Big Rapids, Grand Rapids, and Holland, Michigan.
Posted in: Cosmetic Dentistry